The need to organize the activities of free shops in border crossings and airports of the country
The Center for Import and Affairs of Free and Special Economic Zones of Iran’s Customs in a circular announced the need to organize the activities of free shops at border crossings and airports to customs throughout the country. According to the provisions of Articles 92 to 94 of the Customs Law and 161 to 168 of its executive regulations, as well as the need to organize the activities of free shops located at border crossings and airports within the framework of relevant laws and instructions, the following items are emphasized. Placed:
1) Carrying out the customs formalities of imported and foreign goods to free shops in accordance with the above-mentioned provisions of the Law on Customs Affairs and its implementing regulations, using the capacities available in the comprehensive system of customs affairs.
2) The exact implementation of the instruction No. 118299/95/231 dated 29/6/95 of this center based on the unity of procedure in how the free shops operate and how to enter and the type of goods is emphasized.
3) Strictly refrain from providing any services to free shops without a contract with the Customs of the Islamic Republic of Iran or free shops that for any reason have not yet succeeded in extending previous contracts.
4) Confirmation of the status and extension of the contract of free shops is subject to the fulfillment of their unfulfilled obligations.
5) Temporary entry and sale of bulky home appliances, which have already been announced to the customs through various circulars, should be avoided in the mentioned stores.
At present, according to various laws and regulations, Iran Customs applies 64 types of customs exemptions in carrying out customs formalities for all types of goods.
The Center for Import and Affairs of Free and Special Economic Zones of Iran Customs in a circular announced the need to organize the activity of free shops at border crossings and airports to customs throughout the country