The full list of customs protections for knowledge-based companies was announced
Iran Customs announced a complete list of customs support for knowledge-based companies. Customs support for knowledge-based companies includes 19 clauses, and in the first step, 26 knowledge-based companies were introduced to the Iranian Customs by the Vice President for Science and Technology, and the list of these companies in order to benefit from customs benefits and facilities to be implemented to customs. It has been announced throughout the country that these facilities include the following:
1. Using the facilities of Article 57 of the Executive Regulations of the Customs Affairs Law
2. Accepting a bank guarantee of up to one year for final clearance of Article 6 of the Customs Law
3. Acceptance of general bank guarantee for final clearance and other procedures Article 6 of the executive regulations of the Customs Affairs Department
4. Use of insurance guarantee for export
5. Clearance of goods outside the red route
6. Full use of closed production support facilities
7. Full use of export support package facilities
8. Reduction in the cost of customs services upon the proposal of the Customs and the approval of the Minister of Economic Affairs (paragraph A of Article 3 of the Executive Regulations of the Law on Customs Affairs) up to a maximum of 50%
9. Use of the minimum guarantee in all cases where the guarantee is mentioned in the Law on Customs Affairs and Executive Regulations
10. Examining the customs disputes file of authorized economic actors immediately and out of turn in the customs disputing commissions
11. Provide permission to create a dedicated warehouse
12. Carrying out the out-of-turn refund process in accordance with the facilities provided in the production support package by obtaining a commitment
13. Keeping a part of the goods as out-of-turn collateral in accordance with the facilities provided in the production support package by making a commitment.
14. The use of Article 42, the permission of the Director General of Customs and the commitment of the highest official of the ministry or government institution related to the calculation of the relevant funds and the issuance of a verdict
15. Use of facilities subject to Standard 32-3 of the Revised Kyoto Convention
16. Using the facilities of Article 6 of the Law on Customs Affairs of goods belonging to government ministries and institutions with the obligation of the financial officials of the organization and individuals by obtaining a bank guarantee with a maximum ceiling of one year.
17. Out-of-turn processing of declarations according to the coefficients determined with a coefficient of time importance of two (equivalent to manufacturing companies) in the comprehensive system of customs affairs nationwide.
18. Accepting and facilitating temporary entry for exporters
19. Getting documents and securities instead of guarantees
Hamid Bayat, Director General of the Office of Planning and Improvement of Customs Processes, said in this regard: following the communication of resistance economy policies and in line with the implementation of the policy And increasing the share of production and export of knowledge-based products and services and achieving the first rank of knowledge-based economy in the customs area, considered facilities for knowledge-based companies and In order to provide more facilities to knowledge-based companies, 26 knowledge-based companies, which were introduced by the Vice President for Science, were included in the list of authorized economic actors after the necessary steps and approval of the criteria set by the relevant committee. Honorable Deputy Minister of Technical and Customs Affairs was introduced to provide facilities to the executive customs.
Bayat further said: in order to acquaint knowledge-based companies with customs facilities, a conference was held at the Vice President for Science with the presence of managers of knowledge-based companies on July 2 of this year and facilities and services provided by Iranian Customs to knowledge-based companies in line with the plan. Authorized economic activists were explained by the representatives of the Planning Office and the Import Office, and the various questions of these companies in the field of customs were answered, which was considered by the mentioned companies and the organizers of the conference.
He added: “According to the definition of authorized economic actors, are persons (natural or legal) who perform their duties in the international movement of goods and have been approved by a national customs office as observing the security standards of the World Customs Organization.” . According to Bayat, the AEO project has been successfully implemented nationally and internationally in many countries around the world, including Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Switzerland, Singapore, New Zealand and the European Union.
The Director General of the Office of Planning and Improvement of Customs Processes emphasized: The implementation of the program of authorized economic actors has brought many benefits to both the government and the trade sector of the countries, including the following:
1. Accelerate clearance, reduce transit time, reduce warehousing costs, reduce customs visits and also reduce costs
2. Providing access to the value of shipments for the Authorized Economic Activists (AEO) program with the possibility of accessing records with the consent of both parties
3. Possibility of review and audit before and after clearance, discount for unintentional violations and assistance in case of lack of liquidity. Eligibility for remote clearance
4. Recognize and mutually recognize the economic actors of the countries that have signed the bilateral agreement.
5. The development of an international system of approval and recognition of the status of authorized economic operators at the bilateral, regional and in the future at the global level so that a certified authorized economic operator can be accepted by other countries’ customs.
According to Bayat, the first phase of the project started with the priority of petrochemical companies, and then in the second phase, production and knowledge-based companies are subject to having approved facilities.
The Director General of the Office of Planning and Improvement of Customs Processes noted: The performance of knowledge-based companies has a significant impact on improving the scientific, commercial and economic power of the country, and in order to support these companies, government organizations and ministries by providing facilities Appropriately help them to achieve this goal that the customs is no exception to this and in order to provide special services and facilities to knowledge-based companies in the first step 26 companies nominated by the Vice President for Science and Technology to enjoy Facilities for authorized economic actors.